At On Point Nutrition, our role is to answer all of your questions on nutrition, from general advice on healthy eating through to specific, individualized and complex advice for clients with specific health conditions.
Our focus is on helping clients to better manage their health through providing professional nutrition and dietetic counselling and practical nutrition advice, resources and support that fits with your unique health goals, priorities and lifestyle.
Steph Young (APD)
On Point Nutrition was founded by Steph Young. Steph is an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) and Nutritionist, and is a member of Dietitians Australia (DA). She graduated from Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in 2011 and has worked in rural and remote locations across Queensland, including Longreach, Gayndah and Townsville before establishing On Point Nutrition, based in her hometown of Ipswich, Queensland.
Steph is a passionate, supportive and dedicated dietitian. She understands the pressures that modern life can have on eating well and maintaining a balanced, fulfilling lifestyle and strongly believes there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach to health.
Steph’s love of all foods has founded her vision and belief that enjoying a healthy, balanced lifestyle is possible for everyone. These values support the goal of On Point Nutrition, which is to provide Ipswich and its surrounding areas with high quality, professional and easy to access Dietitian and Nutritionist services for all.Steph is committed to helping her clients better manage their health and to reach and maintain their goals in ways that are realistic and sustainable for them.
- Bachelor Health Science (Nutrition/Dietetics) Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) and Nutritionist
- Certificate in Paediatric Nutrition and Dietetics
- SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Approach to Feeding
- Ellyn Satter’s the Feeding Relationship & Eating Competence
- The Non-Diet Approach and Advanced Counselling Skills: Workshop for Dietitians
- Parenting, Eating and Activity for Child Health (PEACH) Program – Parent and Child Facilitator
- Dietitians Australia (DA) – Medical Nutrition Therapy in Bariatric Surgery
- OPTIFAST® VLCD™ Accredited Healthcare Professional Training
- Dietitian’s Australia (DA)
- Australia & New Zealand Metabolic & Obesity Surgery Society (ANZMOSS)
Shian Russell Jordan (APD)
Shian is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist who graduated from the University of the Sunshine Coast with a Bachelor of Dietetics in 2019. Shian is available for face to face and telehealth consultations every Monday between 8:00am to 4:30 pm, based in our Ipswich clinic, Milestone Medical.
Shian is an energetic and motivated Dietitian who is passionate about helping her clients to reach their health goals and the role nutrition can play in prevention, treatment and recovery from disease. Shian is committed to supporting her clients to improve their health and wellbeing and provides dietary advice in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Shian specialises in chronic disease prevention and management, including diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to weight management and nutrition for older adults. Shian also has a special interest in gut health (diverticular disease and IBS), women’s health and the role that good nutrition can play in improving mental health.
- Bachelor of Dietetics – University of the Sunshine Coast
- Diploma of Health Science (Public Health) – University of Tasmania
- Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) and nutritionist
- ASCIA Food Allergy Training for Dietitians
- Inside Out Institute Essentials Eating Disorder Training for Clinicians
- Dietitians Australia Clinical Dietetics for Bariatric Surgery
- Dietitians Australia (DA)